Kirsten practices in the areas of business and employment law and brings over 30 years of legal experience to her work. She takes a practical, solution-oriented approach to all aspects of her practice.
Kirsten advises businesses, large and small, often serving in a general counsel role. Her business work includes entity formation and structure, general corporate governance, contract drafting and review, transactional work and ownership disputes.
Kirsten represents both employers and employees in all aspects of the employment relationship. She has represented employers with as few as three employees and as many as 600 employees.
Also find Kirsten at: Crina and Kirsten Get To Work where she and co-host Crina Hoyer discuss topics of relevance to women in the workplace.
- Partner, Barron Smith Daugert PLLC 1998 to 2022
- Civil Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for Grays Harbor County
- Associate with a boutique Northern Virginia firm, Chadwick, Washington, Moriarty, Elmore and Bunn, PC, working in the area of community association law, including general corporate advice and real estate and land use matters
- Law Clerk to the Honorable John A. Petrich of the Washington State Court of Appeals (Division II) and the Honorable Lawrence S. Margolis of the United States Federal Court of Claims Washington, D.C.
Certified in Internal Investigations – Council on Education in Management in association with The George Washington University
James Madison University (B.A. 1987)
University of Richmond T.C. Williams School of Law
- Law Review
- Moot Court Board
- ABA-ALI Writing Competition, Winner
- Carrico Moot Court Competition, Winner
- Whatcom Family YMCA, Board Member
- Washington State Campaign for Equal Justice Commission, Member
- Washington Citizens’ Commission on Salaries for Elected Officials (WCCSEO), current Board Member
- Washington State Access to Justice Board of Directors, prior Chair and member
- LAW Advocates, pro bono/access to justice, Current Advisory Board Member and former Member and Chair
- League of Women Voters – Bellingham/Whatcom County, current Committee Member
- Whatcom FC Rangers, past Board Member
- Washington State Supreme Court Public Trust and Confidence Committee, prior Member
- Southside Soccer Board of Directors, prior Member
- Pickford Film Association, prior Board Member
- Slum Doctor Programme, prior Board Member
- Allied Arts of Whatcom County, prior Board Member
- 2009 Local Hero Award from the Washington State Bar Association
- 2012 Joe Pemberton Award for Service from the Whatcom County Bar Association
- 2015 President’s Award from the Legal Foundation of Washington
- 2016 LAW Advocates Chair’s Commendation Award for Life Time Service to our Community
- 2018 Woof and Whiskers Award from the Whatcom Humane Sociarty
- 2022 Washington Super Lawyer, Thompson Reuters